Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 25 November 2016

Skateaway


Now the the 'Winter Wonderland' was officially opened last night, I and my photography pal from work went down to see if there was anything worth taking a photo of, besides the usual fake snow and Christmas trees.

The ice rink has returned and slightly bigger than last year.  There were quite a few people going round and round. Some were pretty good, while some kept falling over. It's not something that I've ever had a go at. Nor rollerskating, or riding a skateboard, as I have a fairly poor sense of balance. I even have to hold onto something if I stand on one leg.

I noticed this woman in a dayglo red jumper, and thought she would make for a good subject, as it would stand out from the white of the ice. It took me several goes to take a decent photo of her, as sometimes other skaters got in front of her, or she was moving too quickly to focus properly.

I'm quite happy with the composition, but its just a shame that she's not in a more dynamic pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.