Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 14 September 2014

I Want To Ride My Bike


A Blue Plaque unveiling this morning of Beeston cycling legend Sid Standard.

Sadly Sid died 11 years ago in ironically a cycling accident on a ride in Derbyshire. Sid owned a shop in Chilwell that everybody went to for new bikes, repairs and spares. It's still there and is now run by a great guy called Kevin. And being a cyclist myself, I'm a regular visitor.

Once the ceremony was over, a load of cyclists set off on a ride to Derbyshire, to the same spot that Sid had his accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.